Re: Status of the sata_sil driver for the VT8237

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Sun Mar 28 2004 - 15:25:13 EST

J. Ryan Earl wrote:
Stefan Smietanowski wrote:

Many A64 boards today come with a Promise SATA controller as well -
works like a charm for me on an ASUS K8V Deluxe board here.

That's an option, as is just using the sii3112 that's been working so well, but that still puts the disks on the PCI bus. The whole point is to get 300MB/sec of burstable I/O off the 133MB/s bus that's shared with the dual gigE controllers and a firewire camera.

Do you really plan to get 300MB/sec from two disks? :)

Jeff