Re: Kernel / Userspace Data Transfer

From: tigran
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 04:51:55 EST

Hello,

One possible solution is to use seq_file API for a /proc file.
I have written a process/system monitor using this method which is about 100
times faster than reading various bits and pieces from /proc by a user application,
so a kernel module is well worth having in this respect. Unfortunately, this software
is not under GPL, but if you do want more information I can send you (or upload
somewhere) a stripped down version which just shows how to use the API
most efficiently and safely.

Kind regards
Tigran
Freeserve AnyTime - HALF PRICE for the first 3 months - Save £7.50 a month
www.freeserve.com/anytime