Re: older kernels + new glibc?

From: Lev Lvovsky
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 16:27:51 EST

On Mar 29, 2004, at 1:22 PM, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 23:09, Lev Lvovsky wrote:
We have the source of the drivers, but they are specific to the 2.2.x
kernels. I am not a kernel hacker, and this would be way beyond my
area of expertise.

And sadly, this doesn't answer the initial question.

then to answer your question; at compile time you tell glibc what
minimum kernel version it can assume, and based on that glibc will
enable/disable certain features. So it depends on what your distro
supplied there if it'll work or not. if you tell glibc that at minimum
you do 2.4.1 for example, then no a 2.2 kernel won't work. I think most
distros do this (or an even later version) since a few years now.

perfect - where does this variable get set? sorry for what now seems like OT glibc stuff.

thanks,
-lev