Re: older kernels + new glibc?

From: Lev Lvovsky
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 18:01:06 EST

On Mar 29, 2004, at 2:10 PM, Richard B. Johnson wrote:
You didn't care to read what I said? I said to remove those sym-links.
They must be replaced by headers that were in-use around the time
the C library code was compiled, preferably the exact same headers.

There must not be any sym-link in the /usr/include/... directories
pointing to any kernel headers. That way, you can add new kernels
without ever screwing up your compiler.

Understood. Incidentally, the glibc-kernheaders package included with RH 7.3 creates those files as symlinks, I'm sure however that they were there for the compilation of glibc. The disconnect that I forsee, is that I will be running the 2.2.26 with kernel headers from a 2.4.x kernel - would this be the correct thing to do?

I suppose I mirror the sentiments of DervishD on this from his post.

-lev