Re: [Lse-tech] [patch] sched-domain cleanups, sched-2.6.5-rc2-mm2-A3

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 02:24:21 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
* Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Andi, could you please try the patch below - this will test whether this
has to do with the rate of balancing between NUMA nodes. The patch
itself is not correct (it way overbalances on NUMA), but it tests the
theory.

This works much better, but wildly varying (my tests go from 2.8xCPU
to ~3.8x CPU for 4 CPUs. 2,3 CPU cases are ok). A bit more consistent
results would be better though.

ok, could you try min_interval,max_interval and busy_factor all with a
value as 4, in sched.h's SD_NODE_INIT template? (again, only for testing
purposes.)

(sorry, forget what I said then, I'll leave it to Ingo)