Re: [Lse-tech] [patch] sched-domain cleanups,sched-2.6.5-rc2-mm2-A3

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 02:43:43 EST

> Regression on what workload? The 2.4 kernel who did the
> early balancing didn't seem to have problems.

well the hard balance is between a program that just splits of one
thread and has those 2 threads working closely together (in which case
you want the 2 threads to be together on the same quad in a quad-like
setup) and a program that splits of a thread and has the 2 threads
working basically entirely independent.

Benchmarks are typically of the later kind... but real world
applications ???? The ones I can think of using threads are of the
former kind.