Re: Migrate pages from a ccNUMA node to another - patch
From: Zoltan Menyhart
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 09:32:20 EST
Hirokazu Takahashi wrote:
> It's not hard to add "no-retry-mode" to "remap_onepage()" function
> if you want. It may skip to migrate some pages if they are accessed
> heavily. In paticular if you only want to care about anonymous pages,
> they will be handled very well.
Well, why not to give it a try ?
Yet your code is not really easy to read. :-)
I do not dare to adapt it on my own, I am afraid of breaking something.
Could you please provide me a modified version of your "remap_onepage()" ?
Can we move to 2.6.4 ?
In addition to "no-retry-mode", I need to specify where the new page
should be allocated from.
Here is my interface I need to implement with "remap_onepage()":
* Common part of checking & migrating the pages one by one.
* Arguments: src_node: Source NUMA node
* old_p: -> old page structure
* node: Destination NUMA node
* mm: -> victim "mm_struct"
* pte: -> PTE of the page to be moved
* Returns: 1: Migration O. K.
* 0: Minor error, no actual migration has been done
* -Exxx: Catastrophic error
* Notes: - "mm->page_table_lock" and "mm->mmap_sem" have to be held.
* - The old page is "get_page()"-ed on entry to make sure it does not go
* away in the mean time - on return it gets "put_page()"-ed.
common_check_migrate_1_page(const int src_node, struct page * const old_p,
const int node, struct mm_struct * const mm, pte_t * const pte)
Notes: "pte" can be NULL if I do not know it apriori
I cannot release "mm->page_table_lock" otherwise I have to re-scan the "mm->pgd".
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/