Re: Unregistering interfaces

From: Greg KH
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 18:12:26 EST

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 11:21:35AM +0530, Maneesh Soni wrote:

> I am not very clear about how the first two behave. Still I can think
> of a solution within sysfs like this as Alen suggested. But again I am not
> very sure if this can be done properly without any races. But anyway I am
> trying.
>
> 1) backout my patch sysfs-pin-kobject.patch

I think we need to do this now, as it is not a correct fix, and causes
more problems than good at this time. I suggest you try to fix the oops
you were seeing in either another way, or in a way that does not break
other things :)

I'll send a patch off to Linus to do this in a little bit...

thanks,

greg k-h