RE: UART detection?

From: Rui Santos
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 07:36:36 EST

Hi,

I do not fully understand what you mean by 'detect this inside a kernel
module'. I think you want to compile it as a module and the modprobe it to
get the module messages.

If you compile the serial as a module on:
- Device Drivers -> Character Devices -> Serial Drivers -> 8250/16550 Serial
you will get a module called serial.o

Remember that if you want do use modprobe to redirect the module messages,
You need to turn off the 'Automatic Module loadind when compiling the
kernel. You can do this ao Loadable Module Support -> Automatic Kernel
Module Loading.

Hope it helps
Regards,
Rui Santos