powernow-k8: broken PSB

From: Christoph Terhechte
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 09:50:20 EST

Hi,

I'm running Gentoo Linux on an Athlon 64 system (board is Asus 8KV SE
Deluxe). I was getting the "BIOS error - no PSB" message when trying to
"modprobe powernow-k8", so I upgraded to 2.6.5-rc3-mm4 which includes
Pavel Machek's new powernow-k8 driver. Theoretically, it should be
getting tables through ACPI and ignore the legacy PST/PSB tables, but
I'm still getting the same error as before and inserting powernow-k8
fails with this message:

FATAL: Error inserting powernow_k8
(/lib/modules/2.6.5-rc3-mm4/kernel/arch/x86_64/cpufreq/powernow-k8.ko):
No such device

Is there anything I need to tell the kernel explicitly to inform it not
to use the legacy method? Any kernel options I might have overlooked?

BIOS support for ACPI 2.0 is activated and APIC APIC Supprt enabled. I'm
confused about this boot message, though:

PCI bridge 00:01 from 1106 found. Setting "noapic". Overwrite with
"apic"

--
Christoph Terhechte <ct@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
International Forum of New Cinema