Re: 2.6.5-rc2-aa vma merging

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 10:36:27 EST

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 12:34:29PM +0100, Hugh Dickins wrote:
> Sorry to be boring, Andrea, but 2.6.5-rc3-aa2 is now out, and you
> have still not fixed the vma merging issue: I don't believe you can.

Hugh, it will get fixed perfectly, so please give me the time to fix
swap suspend, then I can care about minor issues.

Swap suspend now works, swap resume is still broken and I cannot yet
care about mprotect, after I fixed swapsuspend (and swap resume) I will
be allowed to spend time on non-blocker bugs. I promise mprotect will
merge perfectly your testcase without any problem a few days after swap
suspend and swap resume works.