Re: 2.6.5-rc3-mm4

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 19:38:25 EST

Mark Wong wrote:
On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 09:43:57AM +1000, Nick Piggin wrote:

Which looks like it is taking a lot longer (is it the same test?)
It is difficult to tell how idle each one is due to lack of total
ticks reported, but, copy_to/from_user is 3% the amount of idle
time in 2.6.3, while being 3.5% the amount of idle time in your
profile.

Whoops, I changed when the sample is take. This 2.6.3 results samples
when the test is ramping up, while all the subsequent tests are sampling
after the test ramps up. I can redo this one.

That would be good, thanks.