Re: Drivers *dropped* between releases? (sis5513.c)

From: Lionel Bouton
Date: Sat Apr 03 2004 - 03:42:53 EST

Roland Mas wrote the following on 04/03/2004 10:19 AM :

[...]
More relevant info (maybe): I got an old version of the Debian
installer, which uses an older kernel, and the process goes on
normally (well, it halts later because the built-in NIC has a stupid
MAC address, but that's another problem).

If you can find the time, please check that this old installer doesn't use the sis5513 driver or DMA transfers. If it does both, I'd be really interested by the exact kernel version used. If it doesn't, you'd probably found yourself a workaround by disabling dma at boot time.

Best regards,

--
Lionel Bouton - inet6
o Siege social: 51, rue de Verdun - 92158 Suresnes