Re: alsamixer muting when restoring from suspend.

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Sat Apr 03 2004 - 10:24:15 EST

Hi!

> > > which driver?
> > > not all drivers have suspend/resume callbacks.
> >
> > Could it be solved at higher layer, perhaps? Setting volume is common
> > to all drivers, and some kind of generic_alsa_suspend every alsa
> > driver would call might help...
>
> the problem is also that you need to reinitialize the chip after
> resume. the restoration of mixer config could be done by calling
> "alsactl store" at the suspend and "alsactl restore" at the resume in
> the user space. can apmd work for such a purpose even for software
> suspend?

Userspace should not be involved in suspend/resume. Having in-kernel
equivalent of alsactl store / alsactl restore might help alsa driver
authors... And might be enough for suspend-to-disk to +/- work. (Well,
unless sound was playing when user requested suspend, that one needs
proper support).

Pavel
[Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]