2.6.5, ACPI, suspend and ThinkPad R40

From: Olivier Bornet
Date: Sun Apr 04 2004 - 12:38:39 EST

Hello,

I have an IBM ThinkPad R40, with kernel 2.6.5 and ACPI enabled. The
system is a GNU/Debian testing up-to-date, with acpid debian package
1.0.3-2.

I can suspend with Fn-F4, thanks to a acpi config doing:

echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep

The laptop goes to sleep as execpted: all the lights goes off, and the
light with the moon goes on. All is OK until this. :-)

The problem is that I can't resume it. I have found no way. Pressing Fn
don't work. The power button don't work. Closing and opening the display
don't work. The only way to re-start the computer is to remove the
battery. Of course, this cause a reboot.

Has anyone some suggestion for me ?

Thanks in advance.

Olivier
--