Re: 2.6.5-aa1

From: Marcus Hartig
Date: Sun Apr 04 2004 - 16:09:32 EST

> This fixes a tiny race in the recent mprotect merging code, here's the
> intradiff for review, plus it merges some nice lowlatency improvement
> from Takashi.

Runs fine her with my GNOME 2.6 desktop. Fast like Speedy Gonzales.
Good work.

But now with the vanilla 2.6.5 and/or -aa1 my favourite game Enemy Territory quits with "signal 11". With 2.6.5-rc3 it runs stable for hours.

No change in the kernel config, all with preempt, no CONFIG_REGPARM for nVidia binary drivers is set, or other changes. But only when I want to access the net server game browser in ET to play online! Only then bumm!

With 2.6.5-rc3 all runs fine. Amusingly, hmmm?

Marcus