2.6.5 blank consoles (tty1-6)

From: Jason Harrison
Date: Sun Apr 04 2004 - 19:09:23 EST

Greetings,

Today I upgraded from 2.6.4 to 2.6.5 using my config from 2.6.4. I have all
the usual options set for text console such as CONFIG_INPUT=y, CONFIG_VT=y,
CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE=y, CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE=y. However in the 2.6.5 upgrade when
booting onto this new kernel all my text consoles from tty1-6 are all blank
after Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.20. This is the last thing I see
before everything goes blank. The next thing that pops up is the X server.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks for your time and help.

Regards,
Jason Harrison