Re: 2.6.5-aa1

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Date: Sun Apr 04 2004 - 19:22:01 EST

On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 06:59:41PM -0400, Jeff Sipek wrote:

> On Sunday 04 April 2004 17:05, Marcus Hartig wrote:
> <snip>
> > But now with the vanilla 2.6.5 and/or -aa1 my favourite game Enemy
> > Territory quits with "signal 11". With 2.6.5-rc3 it runs stable for hours.
> >
> > No change in the kernel config, all with preempt, no CONFIG_REGPARM for
> > nVidia binary drivers is set, or other changes. But only when I want to
> > access the net server game browser in ET to play online! Only then bumm!
>
> Same here (with vanilla 2.6.5, I didn't try -aa.)

did you get an oops or just a sigsegv? (see dmesg) If you only got a
sigsegv can you try to keep the segfaulting process under "strace -o
/tmp/o -p <pid>" and report the last few syscalls before the segfault?
That should reduce the scope of the problem, I had a look at the
diff between rc3 and 2.6.5 final but I found nothing obvious that could
explain your problem (yet).