Re: Kernel panic in 2.4.25

From: Matt Brown
Date: Sun Apr 04 2004 - 20:44:22 EST

> IIRC a similar problem was in v2.6.
>
> I'll dig it up.

Was any progress made on this problem?

I am seeing the same panic as was originally reported using both kernel
2.4.25 and 2.4.26-rc1, I can easily reproduce it under the same
conditions as Hasso described in the original email.

With quagga/ospfd running I simply execute
ifconfig eth0 down
ifconfig eth0 up
in quick succession and a panic follows within 20 seconds.

The panic does not occur if ospfd is not running, or if i pause for at
least 10 seconds between the two commands.

Let me know if I can provide any more information that would be helpful
in solving this problem.

Regards

--
Matt Brown