pilot USB HotSync broken in -mm kernels

From: Norbert Preining
Date: Mon Apr 05 2004 - 02:34:11 EST

Hi Andrew, hil lists!

USB HotSyncing is not working ATM with -mm kernels: I tried 2.6.5
(vanilla) and had no problem installing a big file with pilot-xfer -I,
but using 2.6.5-mm1 the palm suddenly tells me
Cleaning up
and then
The connection was terminated ... not all files synced ...

I have tested several mm Versions (2.6.5-rc?-mm?), none of them were
working, but the vanilla kernel 2.6.5 and 2.6.4 are working.

The diffs in the .config files wrt USB (for 2.6.5(-mm1)):
+CONFIG_USB_EHCI_ROOT_HUB_TT=y

But since this options was only introduced in 2.6.5-mm1 (or was it
rc3-mm4?) this cannot make the difference.

Thanks a lot for any ideas/hints how to fix this.

BTW: debian/sid

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at> Technische Universität Wien