Re: PROBLEM: BLUETOOTH Dongle causes freeze of System or error Message

From: Fabio Coatti
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 06:20:55 EST

Alle 11:00, martedì 6 aprile 2004, hai scritto:

> I've got a problem with Linux and Kernel 2.6.[0-5] with hotplugin of an
> BLUETOOTH dongle. If I start up the System with the DONGLE the System works
> fine, even if BLUETOOTH did not work, if I remove the Dongle the systems
> hangs. If I plug the Dongle into an running System I receive the following
> messages:

I've the very same problem, noticed for the first time in the last 2.5.X and
first 2.6.0-pre releases.

I'll can recover my e-mail on this list, or make new tests.

Have you tried to turn off SCO support? IIRC the bug is related to this
feature.

I've also some oopses obtained with serial console, but I'll try to reproduce
this issue and capture new oopses with 2.6.5 kernels.

--
Fabio Coatti http://www.ferrara.linux.it/members/cova
Ferrara Linux Users Group http://ferrara.linux.it