Re: [autofs] 2.6 patches broken with 2.6.4

From: Ian Kent
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 09:21:25 EST

Hi Andrew,

My updated autofs4 patches for 2.6 are located at:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/raven/autofs4-2.6/2.6.4

They also apply OK to the recent 2.6.5 release.

I asked Peter Anvin to review them but it appears he doesn't have time
atm.

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Andrew Morton wrote:

> > Please don't spend much time checking the patches I described in my last
> > mail. I've just started reviewing them and can see there is quite a bit
> > more I can do to break them up in the way you have recommened. It will
> > take a couple of days.
> >

> I started to look at them a bit. They seem reasonable from a first pass.
> We'll need to go through them carefully.

Please do. I'm keen to get feedback on errors and comments for
improvement.

> Time spent commenting the code and explaining the rationale behind the
> changes (in a form suitable for the final changelog) is always well spent.

All that I've done is to add a description and purpose to the begining of
each patch. I thought the code was fairly readable and mostly obvious.
Please let me know if you find this is not the case and I will add
comments where recommended. So don't waste time trying to work stuff out
if its not clear, just get in touch.

Ian