Re: reiserfs errors with 2.6.5-rc1-mm2

From: equi-NoX
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 10:36:11 EST

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 12:32, Chris Mason wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 01:11, equi-NoX wrote:
> > oops excuse me :/
> >
> > This is one, I can send you others whether you want.
>
> Ok, you need to grab the latest reiserfsprogs from ftp.namesys.com and
> run reiserfsck.
>
> It's really strange that you've got so many messages about freeing a
> block that is already free for the same two block numbers. Please send
> along the results of the reiserfsck when you're done.
>
> -chris

but I have already done that ;)

I ran fsck.reiserfs on 04/01, first I ran
fsck.reiserfs /dev/hdb1
then
fsck.reiserfs --fix-fixable /dev/hdb1

but it said me I had to rebuild tree to fix the errors, so I ran
fsck.reiserfs --rebuild-tree /dev/hdb1

And that's ok now

I discovered those reiserfs errors because I was not able to modify some
datas on my /home (which is /dev/hdb1)

I have other logs with reiserfs errors if you want.
Moreover those errors *disappeared* since I use non-mm 2.6.5-rc3 kernel

equi-NoX
--
hoping helping