Re: 2.6.5-rc3: cat /proc/ide/hpt366 kills disk on second channel

From: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 16:00:23 EST

On Tuesday 06 of April 2004 22:01, John Stoffel wrote:
> Bart,
>
> You're patch does the trick, I can now do cat /proc/ide/hpt366 without
> any problems. Time to re-sync my md mirror.
>
> I'll also pull this patch forward to 2.6.5 and make sure to submit it
> to Linus/Andrew, unless you'll do that part?

I'll take care of it. :)

> I do wish the cable detection stuff worked though... too bad about the

Cable detection works just fine, see init_hwif_hpt366().

> outb() stuff. Maybe I can poke at it and figure out what kind of
> locking is required here to make this work right. Would it need to be
> queued up as a regular HWIF command? Can you tell I don't know what
> I'm talking about? *grin*

regular HWIF command? It can be fixed using REQ_SPECIAL special request
but I don't think it's worth the work - remove #ifdef/#endif DEBUG around
printk() in init_hwif_hpt366() if you need info about cable.

Thanks,
Bartlomiej