Re: Rewrite Kernel

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 09:39:19 EST

Richard B. Johnson wrote:
On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Sean Neakums wrote:

"Mohamed Aslan" <mkernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

i wanna to rewrite a version of linux kernel from scratch in assembly for intel 386+ fo speed and a libc also in assembly for speed
what do u think guys

Why not just write a program to translate 'C' code into assembly?

It's called a compiler and we already have several versions, none
optimum.

Compilers probably will never be optimum. One has to choose
either to live with that or start "rewriting the kernel from
scratch for intel 386+" and so forth.

We all know what is appropriate on this list, so can the
interested parties - not me - please take this thread off
this list?

(directed at nobody in particular)

Thanks