Re: [patch 0/3] memory hotplug prototype

From: IWAMOTO Toshihiro
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 04:17:23 EST

At Wed, 07 Apr 2004 11:12:55 -0700,
Martin J. Bligh <mbligh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > This is an updated version of memory hotplug prototype patch, which I
> > have posted here several times.
>
> I really, really suggest you take a look at Dave McCracken's work, which
> he posted as "Basic nonlinear for x86" recently. It's going to be much
> much easier to use this abstraction than creating 1000s of zones ...

Well, I think his patch is orthogonal to mine. My ultimate target
is IA64 and it will only support node-sized memory hotplugging.

If you need fine-grained memory resizing, that shouldn't be hard to
do. As others have pointed out, per section hotremovable is not as
easy as per zone one, but we've done a similar thing for hugetlbfs
support. Look for PG_again in Takahashi's patch.

--
IWAMOTO Toshihiro