Kernel 2.6.5: Laptop hangs when pluging the power cable in or pulling it out

From: Emmeran Seehuber
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 06:22:28 EST

Hi!

As said in the subject, my laptop hangs when I plug in the power cable or pull
it out. The machine just hangs without any kernel panic or something. I get
no entries in /var/log/messages and also no output on the console kernel log
(F12). It seems that the kernel gets into an infinite loop, because the cpu
fan starts to spin at its highest rate. Also SysRq-B doesn`t work, so I have
to switch off my laptop to restart it.

I did not have this problem with any 2.4.x kernel.

What can I try to fix this problem?

cu,
Emmy

P.S.: Please CC me, since I`m not subscribed.