Re: 2.6.X kernel memory leak?

From: Sergey S. Kostyliov
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 07:22:08 EST

Hello Andrew,

On Friday 09 April 2004 13:09, Andrew Morton wrote:
> "Sergey S. Kostyliov" <rathamahata@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > And here is part of sysrq-T for the third machine, which have just locked up,
> > kernel is 2.6.5-rc3-aa2.
>
> It does look like a kernel memory leak, but it's not into slab.
>
> You've disabled iptables. Possibly there's a leak in a device driver?
> Which drivers are in regular use there? What are you using for those
> hardware RAID controllers?

I've seen this kind of lockup (according to sysrq-T) on different boxes:

1) ope
RAID: mylex 352
drivers: e100, dac960
.config: http://sysadminday.org.ru/2.6.1-io_lockup/ope/.config

2) terror
RAID: megaraid 320-2
drivers: e1000, megaraid2
.config: http://sysadminday.org.ru/2.6.X-lockup/terror/.config

3) mirror
drivers: e100, aic7xxx, md, netconsole
.config: http://sysadminday.org.ru/2.6.X-lockup/mirror/.config

I also saw the same symptoms on a fourth box, but I'm not shure about
this one because it didn't use to be attached to serial console at that time.

For this box:
RAID: Compaq smart 2
drivers: tlan,epic100,cpqarray

--