Re: 2.6.5-mm2 (swsusp not working and acpi problem)

From: Martin Hermanowski
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 10:38:14 EST

Hi,

I tried updating from 2.6.4-rc1-mm2 to 2.6.5-mm2, and I found two
problems:

First, swsusp stopped working, I get a NULL pointer in
`poke_blanked_console' after all the other things seem to be fine.

I made a screenshot available under
http://mh57.de/~martin/oops-part1.png and
http://mh57.de/~martin/oops-part2.png

This happens regardless of starting X or using the framebuffer. The
hardware is an IBM Thinkpad T41p. In the screenshots above, the kernel
is tainted from the madwifi module, but not loading it before did not
change the oops.

The kernel contains two more patches, linux-iscsi-kernel-4.0.1.3.patch
and linux-2.6.3-mppe-mppc-0.99.patch.gz, but these two modules were not
loaded before during my tests.

The kernel config can be downloaded at
http://mh57.de/~martin/265-cfg-notworking , I am booting with noapic and
nolapic.

The other problem is less easy to describe, with 2.6.5-mm2, the notebook
seems to have a higher power consumption then with 2.6.4-rc1-mm2, ie. I
get about 20min less runtime out of my battery. I will investigate oh
this later.

LLAP, Martin