Re: 2.6.5-mm4

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 14:50:58 EST

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 09:19:12PM +0200, Marcus Hartig wrote:
> Hello,
>
> patch: "kbuild-external-module-support" ?
>
> brakes nicely my nVidia driver for installation at stage 2. Happy easter
> gift. No setting of KBUILD_EXTMOD or editing the install script helps,
> nice job.
Please provide me with more info.
I gooled a bit after some NVIDIA src - but I stopped when I had
to accept some NVIDIA stuff.

The purpose is to provide good support for external modules.
If it breaks things I need to find out why - and see where to fix it.

I would not be suprised if NVIDIA (and wmware for that matter) takes some
assumptions which it should not. But I need to find out why it break,
and for that I need more information!

So please provide me with the following information:
1) Exact log when it goes wrong
2) Pointer to or copy of the relevant files

Sam