Re: 2.6.5-mm5

From: Kurt Fitzner
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 02:40:08 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.5/2.6.5-mm5/

- More CPU scheduler work. Hopefully this kernel will now address the
regressions that a few people have noted on certain workloads. We appear to
be getting close.

Regressions... from the context, I'm assuming you're not talking
regression errors here? I'm assuming these are performance issues? I
see a 3.5% drop in compiling speed between 2.4.24 and 2.6.5 on a dual
Athlon workstation. I'll test this kernel happily if the scheduler
tweaks are intended to address this.