Re: mq_open() and close_on_exec?

From: Manfred Spraul
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 23:49:30 EST

Chris Wright wrote:

SUSv3 doesn't seem to specify one way or the other. I don't have the
POSIX specs, and the old docs I have suggest that mq_open() creates an
object which is to be closed upon exec. Anyone have a clue if this is
actually required? Patch below sets this as default (if indeed it's
valid/required).

Did you test what other unices do? I think the patch is correct - at least solaris implements message queues in user space, and then an exec should close everything.

--
Manfred