Re: How does ioremap() get non-cached mappings

From: Brian Gerst
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 00:34:17 EST

Nagendra Singh Tomar wrote:
ioremap() function in x86 arch code does not seem to be setting _PAGE_PCD bit in the PTE. How then does it give non-cached mapping to MMIO mappings for memory on some interface card. I have gone thru some old threads on this, which have concluded that it does give non-cached mappings, and moerover ioremap seems to work fine whenever I have used to map any PCI card memory,
Is it guaranteed thru the means of MTRR ?

ioremap_nocache()

--
Brian Gerst