Re: SATA support merge in 2.4.27

From: John Bradford
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 07:34:05 EST

Quote from Arjan van de Ven <arjanv@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> --g7w8+K/95kPelPD2
>
> On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 11:30:53AM +0100, John Bradford wrote:
> > Quote from Arjan van de Ven <arjanv@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> > >
> > > --=-De0mPL9BnMYZGB8TurTV

> > > neither has the biggest part of the 2.4 codebase.
> >
> > A valid point, but last time I checked, there were known exploits that had
> > been fixed in 2.4 but not in 2.6.
>
> maybe you should check again and report what you find because I for sure
> can't think of any.

I honestly don't have the time to go through the archives at the moment, and
having been busy, I could well have missed any fixes that have gone in during
the last couple of releases, but I am 99% sure that Alan identified a couple
of local root exploits around 2.6.0 that had been fixed in 2.4 but never
applied to 2.6.

John.