Re: NFS and kernel 2.6.x

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Sat Apr 17 2004 - 00:00:16 EST

Daniel Egger wrote:

Great you want to help here. So I've a system which is NFS root using a
3c940 gigabit onboard NIC on kernel 2.6.5 and which is dead fish in the
water somewhere in between 10 seconds and 5 minutes after boot using
NFS over UDP. The last thing I see are 3 or 4 messages of the type:

If this is an issue, it might make sense to have root be a tmpfs filesystem, and then have specific network mounts. Note--don't make "/var/log" network mounted, various apps default to trying to check for files there--if the server goes away, you can't log in/out.

Chris