Re: vmscan.c heuristic adjustment for smaller systems

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Sun Apr 18 2004 - 00:42:57 EST

Marc Singer wrote:
On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 03:19:59PM +1000, Nick Piggin wrote:

Well, here is the current patch against 2.6.5-mm6. -mm is
different enough from -linus now that it is not 100% trivial
to patch (mainly the rmap and hugepages work).

Will this work against 2.6.5 without -mm6?

Unfortunately it won't patch easily. If this is a big
problem for you I could make you up a 2.6.5 version.

We'll, I'll try applying his patch and then yours. If it doesn't work
I'll let you know.

OK thanks.

As an aside, I've been using SVN to manage my kernel sources. While
I'd be thrilled to make it work, it simply doesn't seem to have the
heavy lifting capability to handle the kernel work. I know the
rudiments of using BK. What I'd like is some sort of HOWTO with
example of common tasks for kernel development. Know of any?

Well I don't do a great deal of coding or merging, but I
use Andrew Morton's patch scripts which make things very
easy for me.

Where does he keep 'em.

http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/