Asus A7N8X-E again

From: Sid Boyce
Date: Sun Apr 18 2004 - 09:52:50 EST

I've had a replacement motherboard, CPU and memory, but it will not boot fully with a XP2600+ (Barton core) 166 Mhz x 11.5, 3200 DDR memory, however, with a XP2200+ (133 Mhz x ?) and it runs fine, at 133 Mhz all is fine, at 166 Mhz, it's bad. I have the latest BIOS (Rev 1001) installed, but that didn't make a difference. I wonder if anyone has one of these boards running with XP2600+ or faster.
I should have heeded the advice and stayed away from Asus, my previous Asus boards over some years were trouble free. I would also like to know the experiences of anyone with a board from another manufacturer with similar stats, ethernet (10/100/1000), audio, USB 2.0, firewire and SATA, so I can get it changed.
BTW, with the XP2200+, everything on the board is funtional, though I haven't used SATA, firewire or 1000 ethernet.
Currently running SuSE 9.0 Pro with kernel.org 2.6.6-rc1. I couldn't install 9.0 Pro with the 2600+ in, it kept giving errors on installing packages. I've done a check on
http://mp3.zonebg.com/cpu/cpu.php and the CPU is genuine.
Regards
Sid.

--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and keen Flyer
Linux Only Shop.