CFQ iosched praise: good perfomance and better latency

From: Pedro Larroy
Date: Sun Apr 18 2004 - 19:59:00 EST

Hi

I've been trying CFQ ioscheduler in my software raid5 with nice results,
I've observed that a latency pattern still exists, just as in the
anticipatory ioscheduler, but those spikes are now much lower (from
6ms with AS to 2ms with CFQ as seen in the bottom of
http://pedro.larroy.com/devel/iolat/analisys/),
plus apps seems to get a fair amount of io so they don't get starved.

Seems a good choice for io loaded boxes. Thanks Jens Axboe.

Regards.
--
Pedro Larroy Tovar | Linux & Network consultant | piotr%member.fsf.org

Software patents are a threat to innovation in Europe please check:
http://www.eurolinux.org/