Re: Failing back to INSANE timesource :) Time stopped today.

From: Niclas Gustafsson
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 04:26:38 EST

Hi again,

I've now been running the system since last week, about 6 days now with
sometimes quite high load, both in regard to CPU usage and network
traffic.
And it seems to be running just fine with the patch from Maciej.

I've got a couple of questions,

When was this bug introduced? Was it 2.6.1 ( or rather somewhere in
2.5)? Or was it already present in 2.4?

When will this patch be merged into the 2.6-tree? I don't have to
stress the impact of this problem on IBM servers as they are rendered
quite useless.

Which other IBM models are affected? Can I run 2.6.5 on my 345:s or
335:s? Do they use the same buggy SMM firmware?

Cheers,

Niclas