Re: [somewhat OT] binary modules agaaaain

From: Guennadi Liakhovetski
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 05:25:34 EST

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> > A binary module is "considered good" if
>
> And for which architectures do they have to provide the binary-only part? 22
> and still counting...

They don't have to. Otherwise, I guess, for those they want their modules
to work on.

Again, I am not saying: "under this conditions binary modules will be most
welcome in Linux and will be absolutely beneficial". I am just saying, one
could try to impose something like this to try to better handle those evil
things. If at all...

Thanks
Guennadi