sched_domains and Stream benchmark

From: Darren Hart
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 12:45:03 EST

Andi,

You have mentioned the stream benchmark when reporting on the
performance of the Opteron NUMA sched-domains scheduler. I am trying to
reproduce your results and am struggling with the benchmark. Can you
rpovide the details of the tests you ran. Namely your compiler
settings, compile command line, and your value of N. Also I didn't see
how to specify the number of threads to run, how did you specify that?
I have a 4 way 1.4 GHz 1MB cache opteron machine with 7 GB of RAM.

When I ran the steeam_omp benchmark with N=4000000 I got nearly
identical results (within statistical noise) from 2.6.5, 2.6.5-mm5, and
2.6.5-mm5-with_flat_domains (the patch I sent earlier). Clearly not
what is expected, so I assume I am not running or building the benchmark
correctly. I found the projects build system (none) and docs (minimal)
to be lacking.

You mentioned your problem was fixed by some of "Ingo's tweaks". Which
patches are these tweaks in and are they in the mm tree yet?

Thanks,

Darren