Re: logitech mouseMan wheel doesn't work with 2.6.5

From: Erik Steffl
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 18:35:06 EST

Kim Holviala wrote:
On Tuesday 20 April 2004 17:14, Erik Steffl wrote:

it looks that after update to 2.6.5 kernel (debian source package but
I guess it would be the same with stock 2.6.5) the mouse wheel and side
button on Logitech Cordless MouseMan Wheel mouse do not work.

Try my patch for 2.6.5: http://lkml.org/lkml/2004/4/20/10

which part is patch? click on view this diff only and copy&paste that and use it as a patch?

thanks,

erik

Build psmouse into a module (for easier testing) and insert it with the proto parameter. I'd say "modprobe psmouse proto=exps" works for you, but you might want to try imps and ps2pp too. The reason I wrote the patch in the first place was that a lot of PS/2 Logitech mice refused to work (and yes, exps works for me and others)....

Kim