Re: 2.6.6-rc1-mm1

From: Hugh Dickins
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 07:17:11 EST

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Sean Neakums wrote:

> As is this (I assume debugging) message:
>
> Apr 20 16:20:24 slagpiece kernel: xterm: mremap moved 49 cows
>
> ______
> < Moo! >
> ------
> \ ^__^
> \ (oo)\_______
> (__)\ )\/\
> ||----w |
> || ||

Lovely! Thanks for your report, and especially your art - you are the
lucky winner of a huge churn of milk for first report of this message,
just send your details etc. etc.

Yes, more or less a debugging message: nothing bad has happened, just
something rather inefficient, and we'd like to get some idea of how
much it occurs in practice. xterm, eh? I wouldn't have guessed that.
Quite a herd.

I hoped a whimsical message might be reported more than a boring one!

Hugh