udev and /dev/sda1 not found during boot (it's there right afterboot)

From: Erik Steffl
Date: Sat Apr 24 2004 - 02:39:10 EST

just moved to udev and everything seems to be working OK except of SATA drive (visible as /dev/sda1) when fsck checks it during boot (it works fine right after that).

all the required modules (as far as I can tell) are in /etc/modules. I see the modules loading and right after the modules are loaded fsck starts. It checks /dev/hdb6 (root) and it goes on to check /dev/sda1 and complains that there is no such file. At that point I get a choice to enter root password for maintenance or ctrl-d to continue booting.

enter root password: I get command prompt, check the /dev/sda1, it's there, I can do fsck or mount it

ctrl-d: boot continues as usual, /dev/sda1 is mounted

any ideas how to fix this? is it a timing issue (udev didn't create device yet but fsck is already trying to use it)?

system:

debian unstable
kernel 2.6.5
udev 0.024