Re: Unable to read UDF fs on a DVD

From: Kronos
Date: Sat Apr 24 2004 - 14:59:20 EST

Il Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 02:21:15PM -0600, Pat LaVarre ha scritto:
> P.S. Five postscripts:
>
> 1)
>
> > even with ide-scsi, though.
>
> Whoa. You weren't engaging in the taboo act of running ide-scsi in 2.6
> back when ls failed, were you?

No, I wasn't. I'm aware that ide-scsi is not needed with 2.6. I had to
recompile the kernel with ide-scsi to make Philips fsck happy.

> 3)
>
> I can't now rapidly reproduce the collection of file lengths you report,
> because sparse files in UDF, even when the underlying volume is not
> sparse, as yet crash my Linux-2.6.5.

Well, Ben Fennema said that he has identified the issue. If it can be
usefull I can have my friend burn another DVD (with less data) with Easy
CD and upload the image somewhere.

> 5)
>
> > http://web.tiscali.it/kronoz/ucf_test.log
>
> Any chance this link will still work, a year from now?

Yup, no problem.

Luca
--
Home: http://kronoz.cjb.net
Alcuni pensano che io sia una persona orribile, ma non e` vero. Ho il