Re: No luck getting 2.6.x kernel to work with ACPI on compaq laptop

From: Rogier Wolff
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 01:32:19 EST

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 05:51:30AM +0000, Danny ter Haar wrote:
> My Compaq presario 700EA locks up dead during boot with
> ACPI enabled. With bootoption acpi=off (or not compiled into the kernel)
> the machine works just fine.
>
> I put on acpi debug and typed over by hand (laptop's dont have serial
> ports these days anymore) :
>
> ACPI: Subsystem revision 20040326
> tbxface-0017[03] acpi_load_tables: ACPI tables succesfully acquired
> Parsing all Control Methods: [......]
> Table [DSDT] (id F005) - 433 Objects with 44 Devices 109 Methods 15
> Regions
> Parsing all Control Methods:
> Table [SSDT] (id f003) - 3 objects with 0 Devices 0 Methods 0 Regions
> ACPI: IRQ10 SCI: Edge set to level trigger
>
> After this the machine is dead in the water.
> No magic sysrq or anything.

It sounds as if some driver is using IRQ10, and that another device
is also on that IRQ. This will create an interrupt storm the moment
you switch the triggering from edge to level....

So: Which devices use IRQ10 when the computer works?

Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff@xxxxxxxxxxxx ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
**** "Linux is like a wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside!" ****