bug in include file!?

From: csg69
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 15:37:46 EST

Dear Linux Kernel Stuff!

I encountered a strange error recently, when I tried to
compile cdrtools-2.00.3 on my system (debian woody 3.0,
kernel 2.6.5, gcc 2.95.4, make 3.79.1).

The bug is in line 217 in /usr/src/linux/include/scsi/scsi.h
gcc says: parse error before u8
(I think everything is OK there)

Finally I solved the problem by changing the value
in cdrtools-2.00.3/DEFAULTS/Defaults.linux

from the original:
DEFINCDIRS= $(SRCROOT)/include /usr/src/linux/include

to:
DEFINCDIRS= $(SRCROOT)/include /usr/include

It seems that in /usr/include/scsi/scsi.h everything is OK...

It may be the error of the makefiles or the kernel include files...

Joerg Schilling (schilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) advised me
to send to you this report.
He thinks this is a bug in kernel include files.

yours sincerely

csg