Re: I oppose Chris and Jeff's patch to add an unnecessary additional namespace to ReiserFS

From: Chris Wright
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 17:21:48 EST

* Matthias Andree (ma+rfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> With respect to Hans's reasoning about name spaces, is there an official
> standard that mandates a particular API for the ACL stuff ("POSIX")?

POSIX ACL's sit defined in a withdrawn POSIX spec (1003.1e). The API
doesn't specify the fs/vfs level detail (other than supporting, user,
group, other and mask acls), and gives a userspace API for accessing
the ACL info (with simple functions like acl_get_file() which you should
find in libacl and can fit many os level implementations). Not sure it
helps much.

thanks,
-chris
--