Re: [BUG] DVD writing in 2.6.6-rc2

From: Moritz Muehlenhoff
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 17:18:40 EST

Jens Axboe wrote:
>> I have a problem when using growisofs version 5.19.
>>
>> The problem is that in the very end when gowisofs tries to flush the
>> cache. When stracing the process I can see it sits in a call to poll
>> that never returns.
>
> I noted the same thing yesterday with cdrdao, so yours is not an
> isolated incident. I'll debug it tomorrow.

I can confirm this bug for kernel 2.6.3-rc4 as well, so it's not too recent.
I found the following on my console after quitting k3b ungracefully, maybe
it's useful for narrowing down the problem:

Message from syslogd@gandalf at Tue Apr 27 22:45:53 2004 ...
gandalf kernel: MCE: The hardware reports a non fatal, correctable incident occu
rred on CPU 0.

Message from syslogd@gandalf at Tue Apr 27 22:45:53 2004 ...
gandalf kernel: Bank 2: 940040000000017a

gandalf:/root# Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
gandalf:/root# ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 17846, errno = 0
ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 17791, errno = 2