Re: pdflush eating a lot of CPU on heavy NFS I/O

From: Sven Geggus
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 05:21:23 EST

Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's a shame this wasn't reported earlier.

I did report this behaviour in <c6gi0f$g6i$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a few days
ago.

> Please confirm that the problem is observed on the NFS client and not the
> NFS server? I'll assume the client.

Shure! The problem is observed on the NFS client, a diskless machine in my
case.

> What other filesystems are in use on the client?

Non in my case!

> Please describe the NFS mount options and the number of CPUs and the amount
> of memory in the machine.

NFS mount options are default and my machine does not use an SMP Kernel (AMD
Athlon 2000+, Single CPU).

Sven

--
/*
* Wirzenius wrote this portably, Torvalds fucked it up :-)
*/ (taken from /usr/src/linux/lib/vsprintf.c)
/me is giggls@ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web